If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for iHeartMedia, please provide us with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following:
800 E. Dimond Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99515
It is the policy of iHeartMedia to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Internal Job Title: News Anchor/Reporter, Anchorage
Tracking Code: 6288
Job Category: Operations > On Air
Job ID: 5852
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeartMedia has an immediate opening for a full time Radio News Anchor/Reporter. Our ideal candidate has strong news broadcasting experience and is a seasoned veteran on air who is able to multi-task and takes direction well.
As a News Anchor you will:
· Produce and anchor on air news reports
· Conduct interviews with newsmakers and members of the community to produce for newscasts
· Deliver live breaking news and weather report as warranted
· Write news stories and produce audio for WMT and other stations in our cluster
· Write and post stories to the website and submit regular Facebook updates
· Minimum 2 years of on air broadcast experience, news broadcast experience required
· Ability to work a full time schedule
· Able to start ASAP
· Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
· Ability to multi-task and must be dependable
· Be able to work any shift as regular and fill-in for vacationing news team members
· Must have a valid driver’s license
Job Location Code: CCRAD - 800 E DIMOND BLVD, ANCHORAGE, AK (CCRAD - 1001239)
Job Location: ANCHORAGE, Alaska, United States
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Posting Date: 6/11/2015
MUST PROVIDE A SHORT NEWSCAST DEMO TO BE CONSIDERED. MP3 ATTACHMENT OR LINK TO A DEMO IS ACCEPTABLE.
To apply for this position please go to https://iheartmedia.silkroad.com/
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.