Photos

 

CONDO FIRE IN BRIAN'S NEIGHBORHOOD

Today there was a fire in the Independence Park area, very close to where I live. All families in the building have been dispaced for tonight, and it looks like at least three units are a complete loss.

  •  
    My first view of the fire damage to a building in my condo complex. I was told a cooking fire started it.
  •  
    Ash and debris are piled in front.
  •  
    Hoses still line the parking lot, and the water puddle that freezes up overnight by my garage is 4 times bigger at least.
  •  
    The face of these three corner units looks like it was ripped off by a giant hand.
  •  
    Fireman were still dumping debris out of the hole where a sliding glass door used to be. That's still dangerous. Ask my brother, who was a fireman and had a floor collapse under him.
  •  
    The Red Cross was onhand with a food truck. They help everwhere! Charles Becker of the R.C. told me all families must sleep elsewhere for tonight at least for safety.
  •  
    Station 12, "The Dirty Dozen" was on the scene. I was told that one or two people went to the hospital, but no serious injuries. I got to thank one or two of them personally.
  •  
    Too close. Kind of makes you want to double check your stove and oven before leaving, huh? It made me wonder if I'd shut off my space heater.
 
 

Magic 98.9fm is an iHeartRadio Station

© 2014 iHeartMedia, Inc.

*